Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tangled Web of Weave




What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you in regards to your hair (weave, tracks, braids, new style) while in the act of sex? First of all we know the rule is to never touch a black woman's hair especially not during sex. My boyfriend and I were hanging out at his house one night. Everything was cool it was my turn at the wheel so I am doing my thing leaned all the way back and just got into it when all of a sudden I leaned up to open my eyes to see his reaction. I had to make sure he liked the way I drove if you know what I mean. Well I looked at him and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head. I stopped and was like what is wrong he was stuttering he said your hair is gone. I touched ontop of my head and sure enough my wig had fallen off. Chile, my hair was braided in a bee hive and a sister had a serious case of new growth. After the initial shock wore off I laughed so hard I cried. The tears fell like someone had forgot to turn off the faucet. As I write this I am cracking up. Hey I am not afraid to poke fun at myself. Ladies we always want our weave to stay intact especially during the heat of the moment. You know the routine make sure the nails hands and feet are done and the weave is tight. You want to maintain your sexy even in battle. So you all can imagine how embarassed I was but thank goodness he didn't blackball me. Time was definitely on my side. On a serious note ladies we don't need the weave to be sexy a man would love to just play in our hair without worrying about tracks being in his hands. He just wants to run his fingers through your hair. We all say we want a man to wash our hair and grease our scalp how can he if it is crowded with glue or thread. Believe it or not natural is far more beautiful than we think. Imagine how wonderful it feels to pull your hair in a ponytail and have your man still call you sexy. I have to admit for a while I was hooked on weave and felt like I needed it to make me feel beautiful. But there is something refreshing about being free of weave and wigs. I love playing with my soft, pretty, tendrils. I love my curly hair. So rock that thing natural and tell him to shut up while you drive.

1 comment:

  1. i can remember when me and a friend of mine really got into it, i go to pull her hair and some of her braids came out, i felt so bad bout it but she didnt see it as a reason to stop at all lol

    ReplyDelete