Monday, November 16, 2009

Pursuit of Happiness


Why are you single? Welcome to the start of my new single series. This will be an introspection into the depth of why we are single? I will pose various questions in which I welcome candid responses. I will be frank with you as well. This open dialogue shall be a learning experience for the both us. Enjoy!


Single Series: Have you ever regretted not pursuing someone? Ever think you let your soulmate slip away? Sometimes you meet people at a point in your life when it seems like the wrong time. You meet a girl she seems so right for you. You two date for a few years and you feel like you want to pop the question. Then, you all break up before you can propose. Later she marries someone else. Looking back over the relationship you wonder how did things come to such a screeching halt. Could it be you got scared? Scared of happiness you let her slip away out of fear. Fear of the unknown that love brings. Live for love not regrets. We need to be kind to love don't turn it away. There was a gentleman I met years ago who treated me with the utmost respect. Our chemistry was undeniable. We would take long walks together and just talk for ours. We even stayed in a hotel room together and just cuddled till we fell asleep. He was such a gentleman he didn't even try anything he really just wanted to hold me. I was so young and I could not make any sense as to why this guy was so smitten by me. At that point I had been badly burned by my first love and I still hadn't gotten over my pain. I could not open up to this new guy because I was stuck in my last relationship. I felt less of a woman at the time and I could not completely open up to another man. So as the story goes I let him slip away and I have never gotten over him. It took me years to work up the courage to find him again. There are not too many days that go by I look at his picture and regret not opening my heart to him. I wish I had another shot at love. Everytime I think I am close I get knocked down time and time again. I am ready to gracefully bow out. Seize the moment. Love is joyous not scary. It is better to have loved and lost, rather than to never have loved at all. It gets under my skin to hear people had a chance at love and walked away for silly reasons. So many women/men I know have had people in their lives that wanted to give them the world yet they walked away. Now they ponder on whether or not it was a good choice. Stop denying the obvious. Chemistry is like a moth to a flame. You cannot pull away from an obvious magnetism. It pulls you in yet you fight it to free you. Love would never hold you hostage it just wants to hold you. Love and misery make strange bedfellows. You cannot draw a picture of love because you do not know what shape it is coming in. I am tired of denying myself the opportunity to love again. My first love devastated me and my second love drove me to my breaking point. But i didn't break maybe I am a feen looking for that euphoric feeling love brings. It is like a Lauryn Hill song nothing even matters to me. We have definitely been mis-educated on how it is to love. So many people who have been the examples of love have settled. You will often here them speak of love lost. They mourned there pain by foolishly rushing into love with someone else. It is as if they treasure fool's gold when the real thing is within their reach. Grasp it your deserve to be happy. A lot of people say the movies create this hype around what love really is. Aren't these people forgetting that art imitates life? Nothing is impossible. Love is a reachable star that outshines all others. You ever notice that happy glow you see when two people are in love. It is fine like wine and gets better with time. If you have a chance at love chase it like a dream. Let love drive you down the path of happiness. Would you let a dream be deferred? Do not let love whittle away like the petals of a dying rose. Let your tears of joy nourish it and allow it to blossom into a beautiful bouquet of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment