Thursday, November 19, 2009

Glory Days


Ever lost a love because you were stuck in the past? Never dwell on something old, when you have something new. In life we tend to allow the ghosts of love past haunt our present day and even work its way into our future. We get so caught up in what could have been we miss out on how things should be. I had an eye-opening encounter this morning and would like you to learn the lesson without the kick in the ass. There was this sexy guy who worked in my office building who approached me a while back. He was very nice looking had an easy-going manner about him very down to earth. I gave him my number and we would periodically speak on the phone. I would make sporadic phone calls to him. We hung out two times and that was it. At the time I was seeing this other guy I had been dating off and on. He would pick me up from work and come to my house all the time. Unbeknownst to me the new guy saw all this since he lived near me and worked in the same building. I would tell him when he asked me if I was seeing anyone no and that I was just dating. I never gave it a second thought. Needless to say I let the new guy go because I was so fixated on the current guy. He would not commit to me he kept saying if only I would change. It took too many years and tears for me to get that shit through my head. It was not until recently I got the case of the fuck-its and let him go. Yet I cannot help but wonder on what could have been as I talked to the new guy it was apparent he wanted nothing to do with me. My ego got knocked unconscious. When it came to we both realized what a mistake we made. Never make the same mistake twice. Never allow emotion mind to drive your heart. If you allow your emotions to fuel your decisions you will be walking on shaky ground. The rational and emotional must fuse together to create wise mind. You need them both to think clearlyand logically. Matters of the heart often defy logic. Sometimes you have to think like a guy to get one. Men tend to look at things from a black and white view it is either all or nothing therefore diminishing any grey area. If a guy was in my situation he probably would have cut the old girl off and move on. When a situation isn’t working for you change your environment. Never allow your past to dictate your future. People come into your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime. Acknowledge their place in your life and move on. We need to possess the power of letting go. Do not try to make someone stay that is meant to go. As T.D. Jakes says, “When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never to be tied to anyone that left.” Stop trying to raise the dead. Know when it is over. Ever noticed when everyone around you it telling you to let something go and you are holding on you are often barely hanging on. You lose your grip instead of letting it go you chase after the rope that will inevitably be used to hang yourself. If people are not joined to you know that you cannot make them stay. That was my problem and now that I have cut myself down from the rope my eyes are open. You cannot view the world with rose-colored glasses. You will trip and fall over your own feet. Stop begging people to stay. LET THEM GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment