Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sacred Vows



Do you still believe in the institution of marriage? With these days of friends with benefits do couples still exist and if they do, do they still get married? It seems as if the sacred union between two loving people has been saturated in these times. People seem to be more in love with the wedding more than what the wedding represents. Especially now with the implementation of shows such as Bridezilla, who would want to marry such monsters. It seems as though we forget the work that marriage entails. Many of my friends laugh when I say I want to be friends first and then work out way up from there. I am a firm believer that a good friendship is the foundation needed to help build a lasting home. I want my man to be my best friend before he can be my husband. As far as marriage I am hesitant to jump the broom. With the ridiculous divorce rates and the scandalous cheating I wonder where is the love? Marriage cannot sustain even a year without love. The loss of love is a recipe for disaster. We get wrapped up in superficial things such as looks, money, status, etc. the list goes on. We forget it is what is on the inside that counts. Looks fade, people become broke, and lose status. When these things dissipate can the marriage survive such shallow waters without drowning?

2 comments:

  1. You are completely right. I feel the exact same way.
    cclark30.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a reason they call marriage an institution; a bad marriage can put you in one, mental or correctional.

    Marriage nowadays is a business. There is a marital contract and it can be enforced by law. Protect yourself.

    TrueMan
    ManAmongBoys.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete