Monday, October 26, 2009

Love's Haunting


Have you ever dated someone because they reminded you of someone you used to date? Ever had a case of the ex? You meet someone new and everything about them reminds you of the one you once gave your heart to. They remind you of them in a good way. Their swag, the style of dress, aura, everything. Sometimes you get so caught up in the ghost of love past you do not clearly see the person in front of you. You become in love with an enigma. I have fallen for such a daunting spirit. I met a guy who I was totally smitten with and he reminded me of a former love. One who broke my heart. I felt like I could tell this new guy everything we definitely were friends first which is how I like to do it. He was everything I wanted my ex to be and more. I tried to love this new man but I was still in love with my ex. I guess I did not give myself enough time to heal from my wounds. I longed for my ex so much that I could not see the beauty in the man I was with. He truly made me feel beautiful and wanted so unlike my ex. I guess I say all that to say is that when you break up with someone truly give your self time to grow from the pain that heartbreak brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment